Friday, 8 June 2012

A new arrival


I got to go and meet a new baby this week.  She was born just over a week ago and is absolutely beautiful!  I made this quilt for a couple of months ago ready for her arrival and delivered it to her today; it really wasn't exciting enough for her to wake up for but luckily her equally gorgeous big sister is an expert at present opening and was happy to help out. 




I chose the red and white Scandinavian prints and the duck egg blue fabric before I knew what sex she was going to be, but when my friend told me she was having a girl, I picked the red and pink spotty fabric to use as both backing and binding. 









Once she had arrived, I embroidered her name and date of birth on the top and bottom borders of the quilt, using a pearle thread in an almost identical shade of duck egg blue,making it very subtle but very personal to her. I'd also made her two matching bibs, which seemed teeny when I made them but huge compared to the tiny newborn! x



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I like the binding. What size do you cut your binding strips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kris. I cut my binding at 2.5", and double up the batting under it to make it nice and squidgy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this with us! Some really amazing features.
    pointlessblog alfie

    ReplyDelete