Saturday 3 December 2011

Welcome to Love Alfie x

So here goes my very first post after a long time of thinking about starting a blog but not quite getting round to it.  The truth is Alfie was supposed to be doing this, what with being the inspiration for Love Alfie and everything.  I was nagging him to get on with it earlier this week, and he was coming out with the usual 'I'm worried about chipping a nail when I type', 'It will seriously impact on my nap time' and 'I'm not sure you can afford my blogging services'.  After failing to successfully negotiate Schmako payments I decided I best just get on with typing myself.....




I guess I should tell you a bit about myself. I'm Fi;  I've always had a love of fabrics and an unhealthy obsession with buttons.  My mum's a craft genius and I grew up watching her in awe as she effortlessly whipped up pretty much anything and everything on her sewing machine.  12 years ago (my god, is it seriously that long!) I graduated from university after studying Textiles and Clothing but, unable to commit to the long hours of working in the textile industry, my skills were put on the back burner.  I've wanted to get back into the whole textile 'thing' for ages, but if I'm truthful I've lacked the confidence to do anything about it.However, I've recently been given a kick up the bum by enough people to start getting focused on designing and creating.  These bum-kickers know who they and they've all been uber supportive - thanks peeps!  I'm hoping to get an Etsy shop set up soon, and I'm doing my very first craft fair tomorrow (eeek) where I'll be selling things like these little baking sets...

So where does Alfie come into this….
Just after Christmas in 2005 I visited a rescue centre and found my little Alfie.  He was very scared and incredibly sad, and I immediately fell in love!  By the beginning of the New Year he'd moved and he's had everyone wrapped around his (not so) little paw ever since.  Alfie loves it when I get my sewing machine out - it seems to make him extra sleepy, and he loves 'helping' with anything you're trying to do, so it seems perfect for Love Alfie to be named after him.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment